KelliPundit

Sunday, July 31, 2005

I'm Home


The other night I had my first true Louisiana Gumbo in years. It was truly unbelievable and that first taste made it all feel right. New house, old friends, new jobs, new school for the boys - a new chapter has begun in our life. We are still pinching ourselves that this is it. For the next 20 to 30 years we will call this house home and our boys will leave as young men to start their independent lives from this place. God has blessed us greatly.

Today was my soon-to-be 6 year old's first flag football practice. It was great; all little boys should play if physically able. To watch this coach take a large group of boys and direct them with the aid of a whistle was a sight to behold. If you've seen the movie Friday Night Lights you should have an idea of how passionate the south is about football. I would never classify myself in that category, but to a certain degree it is good for them.

Quote of the week:

5 yr old "C": Mommy, what are you drinking?
Me: My diet drink to help mommy get skinny.
C: Skinny?
Me: Yeah, you know, don't you want a skinny mommy?
C: I just want you to be soft!