KelliPundit

Monday, October 18, 2004

Why Bush Over Kerry?

On September 11th, 2001 I did not know anyone who was lost. When I watched the towers fall, I thought, my God…How many orphans were just created? How many children will never know their mother or father? How many widows or widowers? The outrage....The grief... I still find it difficult to watch the footage of that fateful day.

I am a Mom of 2 wonderful boys. I took my 5 year old to his first day of Kindergarten on September 1st. It was a great day. I stayed with him the whole time and it was a wonderful milestone, not only for him but also for myself as a mother.

This was the day that the savages in Beslan took the school hostage and a few days later more than 150 children and 150 adults were murdered. How many mothers, just like me, took their child to school and were either killed themselves or lost a child or both? How many stories did I read where a mother was forced to choose between which child to save or leave. I still grieve for those mothers and fathers and children for their unbearable loss.

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN. I will stand united with my country to use whatever means necessary to eliminate the enemy. Wherever they hide, they are not safe.

There are many shades of gray in this world. One thing I know for sure: As long as George Bush is president, he will kill as many terrorists as he can. Wherever they are, in any cave or desert or any city.

I have been a conservative my whole life, but I can assure you; in this election I am a single-issue voter. I am a Security Mom. I am voting for the guy who will take the fight to the enemy; who knows that spreading liberty and democracy is what is necessary to transform the terrorist breeding pits.

George Bush stood on the pile of rubble at Ground Zero and in front of our eyes, he transformed into the leader to meet the challenge. Bush understands what it takes and he fights the tough fight.

John Kerry at the DNC Convention: "Any attack will be met with a swift and a certain response. "

Senator Kerry, that is not good enough. I don't want another attack. I want to beat them in the desert, in their cities and in their caves.

For a single-issue voter, there is no contest. I am a Security Mom and I will be voting for George W. Bush.