KelliPundit

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Tanking at the Daily Show


In the past, I didn't have much interest in the Daily Show until I read on another Blog how the show had "the funniest political satire anywhere!" So, my interest peaked and I started tuning in a few months ago. I am more than willing to laugh at both sides of the aisle. Needless to say, I was disappointed. The jokes were not only one-sided, but could have been faxed over from the DNC along with the daily talking points. As a news junkie, I know the talking points. Jon Stewart's outward bias was just too much. I don't need him to tell me who to vote for. Make fun of everyone....there is plenty of funny gaffes and footage to go around; don't push an agenda! The minute you start taking your comedy direction from the DNC....well, if they can no longer win elections, do you really want them advising your show? Not a smart move, IMHO. Discussions with other long-term viewers also expressed the same impression: "Is Jon Stewart a paid operative of the Kerry campaign?" Drudge has a report that viewership is down. This is so unfortunate. The show is funny and could, hands-down, be the funniest show on TV.

When will celebrities learn that we will not allow them to press their political views/agenda on us? The MSM is bleeding viewer/subcribers at an embarassing rate and now this. Pull it together Jon, just go back to ridiculing on an equal opportunity basis and drop the DNC talking points. We've heard them already; we need comedy from you. That's all we want.