KelliPundit

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Whoa Dude


Earlier today I gave a high five to Jon Stewart for being big enough to outwardly speculate last night on his show, that maybe Bush was right and his own world view has been completely wrong. Later today I find that another liberal is asking himself that same question: "What if Bush was right?
But on Sunday, we caught a glimpse of the flip side. We could finally see signs that a majority of the Iraqi people perceive something to be gained from this brave new world we are forcing on them.

Instead of making the elections a further expression of "Yankee Go Home," their participation gave us hope that all those soldiers haven't died in vain.

Obviously, I'm still curious to see if Bush is willing to allow the Iraqis to install a government that is free to kick us out or to oppose our other foreign policy efforts in the region.

So is the rest of the world.

For now, though, I think we have to cut the president some slack about a timetable for his exit strategy.

If it turns out Bush was right all along, this is going to require some serious penance.

Maybe I'd have to vote Republican in 2008.

You know, I don't mind liberals nearly as much as when they are at least being honest with themselves. Hmmm... I wonder how many we can convert?