KelliPundit

Monday, December 27, 2004

Post-Christmas Sadness (Again)


Another devastating earthquake has occurred the day after Christmas. May God touch the heart of all of those who are sufferring and grieving. When there is so much death, it is hard to know where to begin. I'll leave that to the news agencies.

As I was viewing photos of the disaster this morning, I got to thinking: Wasn't it about a year ago that that earthquake destroyed the small city of Bam in Iran? I did a google search and discovered that not only was it a 'about' a year ago....but from the information I can gather, it was exactly a year ago, possibly within an hour...
Thousands of Iranians have gathered in the southeastern city of Bam to mark Sunday's one-year anniversary of the earthquake that claimed more than 31,000 lives and devastated the ancient city.

The powerful quake shook the city before dawn on December 26 last year, killing thousands as they slept.
From the first news link, the earthquake yesterday occurred at 7 AM.

Does this mean anything? Probably not....but I think it's pretty dog-gone coincidental and very weird.