KelliPundit

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Why I Am A Hawk


I believe in God and I believe in justice. I also believe in fighting for these things. Fighting to ensure life, liberty and justice. Read this. I am proud to say that my country made the hard decision and toppled a regime that murdered mothers holding their babies. Here are a few choice lines:
Shocked investigators reported finding "thighbones the size of matchsticks" at what they believe is the site of one of Saddam Hussein's atrocities. Among the findings-were the skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys.

A baby had been shot in the back of its head and was found still being clutched by its mother, who had been shot in the face. The discovery was reported as Tony Blair came under mounting pressure to apologise to Parliament for the misleading intelligence claiming Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.


And, if you have the courage, read this story. To find the link to the article, I googled "Saddam torture toddler". And what do you know....I get a hit! Here's a few lines:
So the secret police came for his wife. Where is he? They tortured her. And when she didn't break, they tortured his daughter.

"When did you last see your father? Has he phoned? Has he been in contact?" They half-crushed the toddler's feet.

Now, she doesn't walk, she hobbles, and Ali fears that Saddam's men have crippled his daughter for life. So Ali talked to us.

Yes, I believe there is a time and place for war. No question in my mind, bringing Saddam down was the right thing to do on so many levels....

300,000 are thought to be in mass graves in Iraq. If you need a visual on 300,000 dead people go here. It takes courage to face the enemy and we all need to know what they are capable of.

Never stop fighting.