KelliPundit

Monday, December 06, 2004

Stupid Rock Stars


There is one song that always reminds me of the one year I spent in Pittsburgh (95-96), and that's No Doubts' song Don't Speak. Gwen Stefani has maintained a rock career, but her language skills are suffering:
We can't help but like Gwen Stefani. That said, we sometimes wish she didn't sound like a 14-year-old when she speaks to the press.

(Not-so-subtle message to Stefani: You're 35. Enough with the teen surfer speak).

In December's issue of Spin magazine, Stefani talks about acting like a real twit during a song-writing session with Linda Perry. (Perry told Stefani she was "f'n crazy" as she tore out of the studio). The singer ended up working with No Doubt bandmate Tony Kanal on some songs for her solo album, and here's how all that came about. Dude, we swear, we totally didn't mess with this quote, like, at all:

"After the Linda thing, Tony called me and I was like, 'Dude, I suck.' And he was like, 'Dude, come over.' So I went to his house and a bunch of our friends there were playing these tracks that Tony was doing that were, like, stupid. I was like, "You did not do these." And he's like, 'Yep, you wanna hear your tracks?' And I was like, 'Nuh-uh, you did not.' So he pulls out this one and I'm like, 'Oh my God, that's my song.' "

Yeesh.

Gwen, when they start writing articles like this, it's time to reassess your career strategy. You want them writing about your songs.