KelliPundit

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Oprah gets the details of James Frey's A Million Little Pieces and dosesn't let it go until Frey uses the "L" word. As you may read in Micheal Conlon's contribution to Reuters today, James Frey admits, "To lying."

I posted on this item earlier and I hold to my statement. I wish that he had included a disclaimer or noted changes to actual events and details. However, I expected the memoir to be part fiction. Call me cynical, but I took it with a grain of salt. It was a good read. I couldn't put it down. I would have been more upset at spending my money on a dull book proported to be a page-turner. Bottom line, it is better to be honest about what the book is. Frey is learning in a most public fashion that confession is good for the soul.